GLORY DAYS

GLORY DAYS
2004 Mainship 400 Trawler

Monday, June 6, 2011

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY AT SEA

Sun. June 5, 2011 Sunny Clear Calm Lo 57* H71*
Dep. Point Judith 06:50 Arr. Branford CT. 03:05

Today was even better than yesterday. We cruised in flat calm seas for 8 hrs. and were so mesmerized we didn't take any pics. We did have a problem with the anchor windlass. The lesson learned is leave enough room for the line to drop into the locker or it will jam the windless. From that point forward it was pure pleasure. The Loopers all say one of the best things about doing the GL is the people you meet. While I'm certainly looking fwd to that, I want to say, some of the really best people are the friends at home. I want to thank Tom Noonan who was outside his house to wave goodbye and take the following pictures which we will always treasure when we look back on this adventure. THANKS TOM! Unfortunately I can't post these pics until I figure out how. But thanks again Tom.
NOTE:  Whlie reviewing these posts I did find a couple of pics.  Unfortunately I do not know what they are except to say they are somewhere between Point Judith and Branford, CT.
I THINK THIS IS IN FISHERS ISLAND SOUND

No comments:

Post a Comment