GLORY DAYS

GLORY DAYS
2004 Mainship 400 Trawler

Monday, November 28, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT

DAY 149, MON. NOV 7, 2011
AT DEMOPOLIS, AL  MUNICIPAL MARINA
Today is a layover day at Demopolis, and Pat’s birthday.  Since I haven’t had any opportunity to get a present, I have to think of something to do for Pat.  I have the idea of getting a birthday cake at Wal-Mart, and inviting all the Loopers in the marina to a surprise party at the boater’s lounge.  Fortunately, when we registered, Pat asked for a slip convenient to the laundry.  Also, fortunately, the laundry also housed the heads, showers, and a very nice lounge, all brand new, and it was right next to our boat.  I ordered the cake and made arrangements to pick it up that afternoon.  I also went around to all the Loopers and told them my plans.  They  not only all promised to attend, but they also helped out.  They brought coffee, cups, silverware, etc.  Later that afternoon I called WM to make sure the cake was ready.  They did not have the order!  I asked to speak with the mgr. and got it all straightened out.  I want a birthday cake that says “HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT.”  At 4PM I borrow the loaner car and drive to WM to pick up the cake.  The woman at the counter tells me there is no cake that says happy birthday Pat, and asks my name.  She looks around and finds my cake, except is says “HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAT”.  The problem is, I speak English, but apparently not “southern English.”  She fixed the cake; I brought it back and left it with Mary & Bill on Harbor Reach.  I told everyone to be at the lounge by 7:30 and I would bring Pat there after dinner at the marina restaurant.  It was GREAT!.. As we approached the lounge, Pat saw all the people there and thought it was just a meeting to discuss the next day’s cruise planning.  When we walked in they all shouted “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” and she was surprised speechless.  After a rousing rendition of the birthday song, we all had cake and coffee and partied til the late hour of 9 o’clock.
SURPRISE!


BILL(Harbor Reach), DEAN & BETH(Kismet), BILL(Seabiscuit), KEN(20 Bucks)

KEN(20 Bucks), RUSTY(C-Bay), PAT(20 Bucks)

PAM(Seabiscuit), MARY(Harbor Reach)

PAT, CARRIE (ONCE AROUND)

OUR ONLY WAY TO GET AROUND

DESSERT!
no

No comments:

Post a Comment